Add your voice: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/Southafricaminimumwage
10 comments that reflect the general feel of the respondents.
- I believe a minimum wage is essential to curb exploitation of workers and decrease wage disputes.
- Not all businesses can afford to pay, even if they wanted to. I for one haven’t earned the proposed new wage, leave alone the present one, and its not for lack of trying….
- Many many workers earn more than the proposed minimum wage
- If you cannot pay a man his worth you cannot own a business. Would you open a business and not be able to buy stock and think it ok.
- Will possibly increase level of unemployment as small business cannot afford to pay high salaries , production will have to increase
- As an employer I will reduce staff numbers when I get the chance. Profits are low enough already
- Many smaller businesses who are trying to create employment will end up closing. The workforce will keep striking – its habitual now, a minimum wage is not going to stop the demands
- If there is no minimum wage unskilled people will be more likely to get a job and skilled people will be payed more.
- that’s the least they can do for fellow workers who put their efforts just to sweat for their bosses good
- It’s a good idea, but not sure how it will affect small businesses