Author: Ian Hurst — Managing Director, Paymaster People Solutions
With March behind us, here are some essential To Do-list items to help you make your April another great payroll month.
- Check your backup procedures and security settings.
- Survey your clients to find out what some of their new deeds might be, and what they might want form you.
- Investigate ways to communicate with your employees and customers. Implement these new communications efficiencies.
- Sync your e-filings to make sure SARS is not talking to you. Look for IT88 certificates and requests for information. Check to make sure that SARS has not passed any journal entries.
- Verify whether all your employees have tax numbers.
- Check that all system-related updates are installed and working. This includes new tax tables, etc.
- Run a full back-up of the last 12 months’ data. This exercise facilitates establishing whether you do indeed have the data on hand.
- Reminder: it’s Easter-time, so plan for staff leave and the shorter working-month.
Happy April! from myself, Ian Hurst (CEO of Paymaster People Solutions), and the rest of the super-amazing Paymaster People Solutions team.
Paymaster People Solutions (Pty) Ltd is a subsidiary of Grant Thornton Advisory Services Cape (Pty) Ltd
Grant Thornton Advisory Services Cape (Pty) Ltd is a member firm of Grant Thornton International Ltd
© 2016 Paymaster – Online Payroll Solutions | All Rights Reserved